Dental health care is highly important for children. As dental experts, we encourage parents to provide oral care to their children from infancy, either when they get their first primary tooth or as soon as they turn a year old. This is the ideal time for children to undergo their first dental exam. At North Alabama Smiles, we work to care for your child’s oral health care needs and extend the best professional treatments.
Why Choose a Pediatric Dentist?
A pediatric dentist will have the required skill and expertise to give professional dental care to children. They are highly proficient in extending the care for a child’s teeth, gums, and other supporting tissues. A pediatric dentist can be your child’s confidant in their oral health from infancy through adolescence and help avoid long-term problems and lifelong dental complications.
What Are the Benefits of Pediatric Dentistry?
Most families take their children to the same family dentist that provides oral health care to all the family members. But if you bring your child to a pediatric dentist, the dentist will provide specialized care that other dentists cannot provide. Children have particular conditions, concerns, and problems that only pediatric dentists can handle successfully.
Bringing your child to a dental office is not easy because they have fears and anxiety about dental procedures, the office, and even the instruments used. Children barely cooperate during their appointments, so they need a specialist who can be easygoing with them. They practice special techniques and tricks that can make children feel comfortable and less apprehensive during the treatments. They also use special equipment designed for children to effectively provide the best oral care your child needs.
What Services Are Provided by a Pediatric Dentist?
- Oral health exams for infants also include risk assessment of cavities and decay.
- Preventive measures to avert cavities and decay that include teeth cleaning, sealants, fluoride treatment, and guidance on proper diet and nutrition
- Assessment, diagnosis, and treatment of orthodontic conditions such as crooked, misaligned, or an improper bite
- Detection of oral health conditions that could potentially lead to other health conditions like heart problems, asthma, diabetes, and many others
- Counseling for oral habits like thumb sucking and use of a pacifier
- Repair of impaired or diseased teeth
If you want to bring your child for pediatric care, visit North Alabama Smiles at 55 Golfview Dr NE #5467, Arab, AL 35016. You can also reach us at (256) 586-8100.